Hard Tooling – How to Order
In order to get the best possible tool built for your specific needs, the person quoting the job will need to know the following information:
Type of press the job will be cut on? (NOTE: Can only be a reciprocating press, not a clam shell).
- Material Being Cut
- Material Thickness
- Material Width
- Cutting Up/Down
- Liner Being Used?
- Number of Die Cut Parts Needed
- Sending in Sample Material
- What direction is the material planned to be fed?
Specifics of the Press
- Max Press Opening
- Minimum Press Opening
- Scrap Hole In Press?
- Parallels Needed to Lift Die?
- Bolt Pattern Needed for Mounting?
- Machined Ledges Needed for Mounting?
- What is the Press Stroke in Inches?
Tools Specifics (If none are stated, Ken will utilize their best judgement)
- Cust Spec Length of Die Set
- Cust Spec Width of Die Set
- Cust Spec Thickness of Die Set
- Cust Spec Die Life of Die Set
- Shank/Spud Needed to Mount Ram?
- Press Planned to Return Die to Original Start Height?
- Is a Spring Return Needed?
Available Options (Check any that may apply)
- Stop Block
- Stripper Plate
- Material Guides
- Material Support
- Lift Rings
- Ball Bearing Bushings
NOTE: Without stripper plate, the customer is responsible to install their own ejection material.
Remember, the more complete your information, the better chance that your tool will be exactly what you need! Please direct any questions to email@example.com or call 800.553.6666. Thank you and we looking forward to assisting you with your custom tooling requirements!